Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing on Perforated...Darkness?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Banners Signs Etc., Oct 23, 2012.

1. Banners Signs Etc.

Banners Signs Etc. Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    So if you are printing a design on perforated "view through" vinyl...It seems to me that you should adjust your brightness to compensate for a tinted window...

Wouldn't you want to increase brightness because 40% of the print will be black tint? Or is this taken care of in the profile?

We've not really run into a problem with this yet, but this is mostly to settle a bet..

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Okay, back to "DRIBBLE" Most perforated aka one way vision is installed on the outside of the window. Therefore, brightness should not be an issue, right?

3. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    I swear...lol...Ok so say the perf is 40% holes and through those holes is tinted window..thus wont the eye combine the printed perf and the black holes to create a brightness level that balances the two...appearing darker than what was intended??

4. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Tinted windows and perf vision

Dave, that's why the windows look like they are HEAVY tinted from the inside looking out. However, from the outside or right reading, the graphics do not look PERFed until you get about 3-4ft away from the graphic.

5. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    They do not appear perfed but those black holes are still there from where the material is not...and those black holes make up a sizable portion of any perf graphic..

Basically you're saying that if I applied perforated material to a white board and a black board they would look exactly the same??

I'm all about beating a dead horse..

6. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Well, go ahead and "beat". I believe if you take the same graphic, printed on the same perf, mount one on black and one on white, no substrate reveal, there will be little perceptible difference in the printed image from an average viewing distance of 6ft.

7. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Guess I could stop being so cheap and test it myself lol

Thanks!

8. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Perf vision

No worries! You are welcome :thumb: