• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Perforated...Darkness?

So if you are printing a design on perforated "view through" vinyl...It seems to me that you should adjust your brightness to compensate for a tinted window...

Wouldn't you want to increase brightness because 40% of the print will be black tint? Or is this taken care of in the profile?

We've not really run into a problem with this yet, but this is mostly to settle a bet..

CS-SignSupply-TT

Okay, back to "DRIBBLE" Most perforated aka one way vision is installed on the outside of the window. Therefore, brightness should not be an issue, right?

I swear...lol...Ok so say the perf is 40% holes and through those holes is tinted window..thus wont the eye combine the printed perf and the black holes to create a brightness level that balances the two...appearing darker than what was intended??

CS-SignSupply-TT

Tinted windows and perf vision

I swear...lol...Ok so say the perf is 40% holes and through those holes is tinted window..thus wont the eye combine the printed perf and the black holes to create a brightness level that balances the two...appearing darker than what was intended??

Dave, that's why the windows look like they are HEAVY tinted from the inside looking out. However, from the outside or right reading, the graphics do not look PERFed until you get about 3-4ft away from the graphic.

They do not appear perfed but those black holes are still there from where the material is not...and those black holes make up a sizable portion of any perf graphic..

Basically you're saying that if I applied perforated material to a white board and a black board they would look exactly the same??

I'm all about beating a dead horse..

CS-SignSupply-TT

Well, go ahead and "beat". I believe if you take the same graphic, printed on the same perf, mount one on black and one on white, no substrate reveal, there will be little perceptible difference in the printed image from an average viewing distance of 6ft.