• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Reflective Window Perf

WrapperX

Have anyone of you tried doing this?

We just recently (a few months ago) got this sample roll of Reflective window perf and now we are trying to print on it but we can't seem to find any printer settings for it on the old Google so I figured I check your collective knowledge.

We use a JV3 and I want to know qhat sort of Heat settings or profiles you have used if you have tried this before. The normal window perf profile we usually use isn't working. The perf is "bubbleing up" off the backer causing the carriage to rub across the perf as it prints obviously wrecking the print.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I sent a sample over to Pat White a few months ago, not sure if he printed it yet but he might be able to help you.

WrapperX

You might be right Pat, when its wound around the roll its fine. but you try and flatten it out and it begins to buckle off the roll. It seems like its a tension issue. I just had it off the printer and alot of the bubbling off the backer went away when I rewound it back to the core....

Stupid material. I doesn't want to sit flat - what good will that do!