• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on reflective

skasigns

I have a Mimaki JV3. When I print red on printable reflective white, it looks orange. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Signco Inc

General Manager
Colors on the screen don't match what is printed. For red I use pms solid coated 186. The funny part is it looks more orange on the screen. If I were you I would get a PMS chart installed in whatever software you are using and print it on a few different vinyls.

JR's

Colors on the screen don't match what is printed. For red I use PMS solid coated 186. The funny part is it looks more orange on the screen. If I were you I would get a PMS chart installed in whatever software you are using and print it on a few different vinyls.[/QUOTE]

:thumb: :thumb: cool advice I ben meaning to do this my self. Thanks

JR

gabagoo

always print colour charts on different materials as was said. Very easy for deciding what colour to choose in the future. I basically run everyday like that with charts in different resolutions and different materials

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i agree. always print a chart. i find that vector vinyl reflective prints really good with the mimaki. and its pretty cost effective too.