• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Roller Blinds

teamrolex

I have an installer came to my place to take some measurement of Roller Blinds to fit on my windows.

He saw our printer and our work and asked me if I can help him print on the fabric (I think it's fabric) of these roller blinds before they fit them together.
Because many customers asks for this.

I have VJ so my question is can these fabrics load and feed properly into our machine and will the solvent ink be good to print on these ?
Also which kind of profile would do the job ?

Thanks in advance for any advice !!

teamrolex

here is a pix

here is a pix of the blinds :

Attachments

• Roller-blind-3.jpg
    Roller-blind-3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Roller-Blinds.jpg
    Roller-Blinds.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:

10sacer

Print them with a UV device with flexible inks. I would think a GS-series Vutek could do that with the 3M Flexible inkset

rubo

I have an installer came to my place to take some measurement of Roller Blinds to fit on my windows.

He saw our printer and our work and asked me if I can help him print on the fabric (I think it's fabric) of these roller blinds before they fit them together.
Because many customers asks for this.

I have VJ so my question is can these fabrics load and feed properly into our machine and will the solvent ink be good to print on these ?
Also which kind of profile would do the job ?

Thanks in advance for any advice !!

Two things - see if you can fit the fabric trough - if yes, you can always put masking tape on the back side to stiffen the fabric. Second - check if your ink will stick to the fabric - just print a small patch and see what happens. If not, find somebody who has a DTG printer - guess what, garment is made from natural fiber and these inks stick to it - it doesn't have to be a shirt. Good luck!

rubo

How you gonna fit 42" wide material into a DTG printer?
there are bunch of them - built on Epson 9XXX series - 44" machine. I actually built one - or rather converted - my Mutoh RJ 900 into a flatbed - I do a lot of printing on all kind of crap solvent ink won't touch - or won't stick. As to folding - I like it, should give it a try;).