• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Scrap Material on Mutoh ValueJet 1614

Good morning.

We go through a lot of vinyl here, and sometimes only for a small print. With that said, I end up cutting off perfectly good pieces that I try to save as salvageable scrap material. When I try to use it to print other small samples on, the printer basically tells me that there's no media loaded. Is there a way around this? I hate throwing out things I could use--I'm trying to maximize material usage rather than material waste.

We're using a Mutoh ValueJet 1614. I always make sure to move the material "holders" so they're always on either side of the loaded media, but the printer doesn't seem to care.

Thanks!

TMDESIGNS

Center and Print

Here's something you may want to try. Center the material when you load onto the machine. From behind slide the left roll media holder towards the right so that your material is centered overall. This will allow the sensor to 'see' what you have loaded.

Here's something you may want to try. Center the material when you load onto the machine. From behind slide the left roll media holder towards the right so that your material is centered overall. This will allow the sensor to 'see' what you have loaded.

Hey, thanks! I'll try that.

Dennis422

I do not have that printer, but did you try switching it from a roll to a sheet setting if that is available.

rubo

turn off the "check media size" or whatever on your machine - i do that on my rj900 - mutoh is mutoh, so it should be there somewhere.

The end of roll sensor is centered on the platen. it must reflect off a white media. Move the media to the middle and forget the rest of the suggestions.