• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on scrim?

CrAkD

Can we print on scrim with the versacamm? if yes what is a good material? I just got a request and a quick search of the internet I didn't easily find any solvent printable material for sale in the U.S. all the stuff i saw on fellers is made for plotter vinyl.

CrAkD

I just asked him and he said "Same material but has holes in it to allow air or sun to travel through freely"

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Scrim refers to the fabric mesh inside the vinyl to make it stronger. Temporary banners can be printed on non-scrim material but they fall apart much faster.

I just saw you mentioned you want air to flow through the material. That is called mesh banner and it comes with different options about how much air flows through. Be prepared to have a really dirty printer if you don't have some sort of mesh banner attachment on the printer. I would recommend finding the mesh banner with a liner so you don't have to worry about that issue.