Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing on shrink wrap

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by adkmaid, Nov 2, 2010.

1. adkmaid

adkmaid Member

Nov 1, 2010
    does anyone out there know how i can print on shrink wrap so i can shrink wrap a design on a christmas ball? I have tried to tape this flimsy stuff to a stiffer substance its awful. I can lay down ink from the Roland but the ink reacts with the shrink wrap, i tried putting it through an ink jet and it smears all over, i wouldnt dare throw it through the laserjet either. isthere a stiffer shrink wrap? that doesnt react with ink? has anyone tried this? i get these hair brain ideas but then have to figure them out, my shop looks like Christmas puked with all of my trials and errors.:banghead:

Tags:
  2. petesign

petesign Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Hoover AL
    umm. No.

this should be interesting. :popcorn:

3. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    Certainly it can be done as I've seen examples....how and/or by whom, is a different story.

4. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    screen printer possibly could.. i wouldn't put that material near my hp 9000's

5. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    I think the shrink wrap manufacturer prints on the rolls using offset presses. Then they sell by the roll or cut the rolls into bags.

A pad printer would probably work.

Maybe you could sell decals instead for the product and apply them after shrink wrapping.