• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Silver Avery Supreme Wrap

Basko

Has anyone ever printed direct to coloured Avery Supreme Wrap with any success?
I'm doing a half wrap that has an photographic image at the rear fading into the colour of the vehicle halfway through the front door.
The vehicle is silver so i was thinking of using Avery Silver, print/lam and then wrapping to the front edge of the front door. Silver of the car and vinyl is a very close match...

I have previously printed to clear for use on silver cars as the effect is quite nice, it gives a classy, subtle look with the metallic of the car coming up through the colour.
But that has always been for flat areas or contour cut text/logos not a full side over handles etc..

Printer is a Roland 540i.
I have done a small test that wasn't too bad, might need to play around with some settings/heat etc..

Thoughts??

Thanks,

Christian @ 2CT Media

I do it on my latex all the time, can't help you on solvent though.

3M and Arlon have air release Clear Wrap Films btw if that works for you too.

Basko

Don't have the latex option unfortunately.

Didn't know about the air release clears, that would be easier, will look into it. Cheers!

Basko

3M and Arlon have air release Clear Wrap Films btw if that works for you too.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you know the codes for these??

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I have done that before, printing directly to the wrap vinyl on ecosolvent. It works well! Printing to Ultraflake metallic silver works extremely well also. Spectacular results!