• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Tyvek with Mutoh

Designer Wraps

Anyone try printing on Tyvek Banner material with their Mutoh? I have a large customer that specifically wants this material type. I told them I've never tried it before and wanted to see if any of you have? And how the ink adhesion/curing is.

If not, I guess I'll be ordering a roll and trying it out ...

Thanks!

MachServTech

Anyone try printing on Tyvek Banner material with their Mutoh? I have a large customer that specifically wants this material type. I told them I've never tried it before and wanted to see if any of you have? And how the ink adhesion/curing is.

If not, I guess I'll be ordering a roll and trying it out ...

Thanks!

Use only Tyvek coated for solvent printers. Make sure you don't order the stuff for UV/Screen print or aqueous.

MachServTech

"50" X 60' TYVEK INKJET ROLL 2" Core"

2" core is usually a good indication you are dealing with an aqueous not solvent media.

Designer Wraps

Just wanted to give an update - I was able to print on matte tyvek material, both on Optima from Advantage Supply and Sihl from Harbor (2" core). Worked perfectly on our Mutoh 1614 - doing 60 4x6 banners with it.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

shakey0818

if ts the same tyvek im thinking it is a building meterial that u wrap houses with home depot will have it iv seen many political sines done with it .