Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Printing on Window Perf

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Renato Pinto, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Renato Pinto

Renato Pinto Graphics Manager

Mar 10, 2018
    Kansas
    Does anybody else have problems when they print on window perf?
    I'm talking specifically about dimensions. Whenever I print a job on window perf, the width is usually fine but the length is shorter than what the RIP says.

Anybody running into this?

2. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    what rip??

3. Renato Pinto

Renato Pinto Graphics Manager

Mar 10, 2018
    Kansas
    Onyx Thrive 421.

4. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    ahh poop.i run caldera. in caldera, you can specify media compensation in the rip. in this situation, what i would do is print a 48x48 square. measure. at least in caldera, you enter expected length and measured length and it give you a percentage of compensation the rip will give every print sent over with that media. reprint. remeasure. confirm correct size.

now this is assuming all your heat/media/tension setting all line up to where they are supposed to be. check those first then move to compensation.

5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Yup, you probably need to run a media feed calibration. When you do, make sure it doesn't effect your other materials. Not sure how it works in Onyx.

I haven't actually noticed that issue on Briteline perf, but I also typically add a 1/4" bleed and trim on site.

6. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

It's the thickness of the material affecting the feed. There should be a compensation for it on your printer if you set the media up in the printer.

• Like Like x 1