• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Printing on Window Perf

Renato Pinto

Graphics Manager
Does anybody else have problems when they print on window perf?
I'm talking specifically about dimensions. Whenever I print a job on window perf, the width is usually fine but the length is shorter than what the RIP says.

Anybody running into this?

flyplainsdrifta

ahh poop.i run caldera. in caldera, you can specify media compensation in the rip. in this situation, what i would do is print a 48x48 square. measure. at least in caldera, you enter expected length and measured length and it give you a percentage of compensation the rip will give every print sent over with that media. reprint. remeasure. confirm correct size.

now this is assuming all your heat/media/tension setting all line up to where they are supposed to be. check those first then move to compensation.

bannertime

Yup, you probably need to run a media feed calibration. When you do, make sure it doesn't effect your other materials. Not sure how it works in Onyx.

I haven't actually noticed that issue on Briteline perf, but I also typically add a 1/4" bleed and trim on site.