• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on XR-640 then Cutting on XC-540

dexter

Hey all,

We had our new XR-640 installed yesterday to add to our two XC-540's. I was hoping to basically designate the 640 to printing only and have one of our 540's to the majority of the cutting (the other 540 would do a bit of both).

I printed a small job on the 640 and saved the rip. I went to load the rip onto the 540 and got the error "invalid device settings". Other rips that were previously saved from the 540 will load back into the queue no problem. I would think printing on the 640 and then cutting on the 540 should be no problem - what am I missing here?

Thanks!

dexter

If you're saving the .rvw file, it will contain info for that specific printer which explains why the other one won't understand it.

We have an XR-640 and XC-540 and I can't say I've ever tried to print on one and cut on the other...

The only other thing you could try would be to just load the original file to both printers, with "print only" on the XR and "cut only" on the XC and see if it will read the marks.

I'm not positive that this would work but maybe someone else has figured out a way to make it work.

Did you mention it to your dealer/tech that you were hoping to do it this way?

To be honest I don't think I specifically mentioned that to the tech as I was used to saving rips all the time and loading them between the 540's with no issues (didn't even factor in that issues may occur between models) - my fault for assuming that Roland crop marks are Roland crop marks.

I tried to set the files as "Cut Only" on the XR and overwrote the .rvw to no avail. Hopefully we can figure this out as it will save me a boat load of time swapping things around in the long run.

Thanks for the reply!

edit: Just reread you're post (misread it the first round) - I'll reimport the files and set to cut only on the 540 and report on the results when I get a chance.

Ragnabrok

I've only done it from a printer to a plotter in versaworks. You drag the job from the print cue after printing and drop it into the cutters cue. Never tried it between 2 printers.