• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing once or twice a week... am I asking for trouble? S30670

303DC

Hi All. I am on the market for a printer, and am looking at the Epson S30670. I was offered the machine brand new with a 2 year warranty, installed and shipped for just shy of $9k. My concern is that I am just starting out with printing, but I already have a large client base of customers ordering die-cut stickers from me. So, this machine has the potential to be used a lot right off the bat, or it may only be used once or twice a week.

My question: am I asking for trouble by getting a solvent printer and possibly only using it once a week (maybe not during that week at all) as far as maintenance, etc. goes? Anything on this machine I should be aware of, or cautious of? I'm torn between this machine and an HP Latex machine, but I really don't want to screw around with getting 220 installed, and the price of this machine is very attractive for being a 64".

Anyways, any advice and feedback is welcome! Thanks.

303DC

if anything, set up a small 2" multicolor bar that goes the width of the machine, and print it every 2 days or so
That's an excellent idea, thanks. I've heard of a lot of issues with the S30670, so I'm a bit concerned about that, but I've also heard Epson is great at taking care of things when things go wrong. Can anyone vouch for this machine and/or Epson's customer service?

burkie

I have the s70, but I assume the experience is the same. As long as you are under warranty you're golden; after warranty it depends on your supplier. I agree with the 2" strip idea, we do the same

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You always need samples of your work around the shop. Every other day, print something out to hang on your walls or outside somewhere. Get the most bang for your buck with a sample.