Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing onto Chrome Vinyl, very patchy...

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by pindesign, Dec 18, 2007.

1. pindesign

pindesign Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Hello again,

So the journey into the edge1 continues, this time hopefully a more straight-forward problem to solve...

We got some samples of silver vinyl from our supplier, both avery products. I just tried to print onto them and the foil transfer was very patchy.

Do I need special foils to print onto chromes? Or am i missing a heat setting or something else?

Thanks for your help!

Gareth

Tags:
  2. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

You don't need special foils but you need special vinyl in this case. Gerber's Deluxe Chrome is the way to go here.

3. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    aeyou using gerber foils or duracoat? I know Duracoat print horribly on polyesters and static cling

4. pindesign

pindesign Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I had the same problem with Gerber and Zero-9 foils. I assume its the vinyl, as you say Bill. I guess our supplier didn't understand our needs properly.