• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing onto fabric

fastmax

Hey guys,

i have a question.

My shop is trying to get into printed fabric lightboxes. what we will eb using is - be.tex® Samba FR 4384-6266 - made by a company called a.berger it is printable and overall very nice

i am printing on our Roland vs-640 and we have made some progress overprinting on a translucent vinyl profile dark blacks bright colors

PROBLEM is our blacks are getting little speckle dots in it from oversaturation and if we dont overprint we get more washed out colors (tried upping the heat)

so what profiles or tricks do you guys use to print onto fabric at high quality, we also have a flatbed printer but it is not as easy as you would think to get the material to lay flat for a high quality and low head gap

any suggestions would be great, the next thing we are doing is stretching the material over a frame and trying to direct to surface print it that way

This particular Samba fabric is supposed to be compatible with solvent inks, but eco-solvent ink is generally a poor option for most polyester fabrics, particularly those without heavy coatings. I know of businesses who print Samba on Vutek UV machines with success, so a UV printer may be preferable to solvent in some cases.

Media One is Berger's main distribution partner in the US market, so they should be able to help:
http://www.mediaoneusa.com/