Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing overlapping TIFFs in OMEGA?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by deadbymorning, Sep 29, 2004.

1. deadbymorning

deadbymorning New Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I have a job that was created with photoshop effects and would be a 4 color process. However the colors used are only orange and black so I was wondering if there is a way to print 2 images on top of each other. For instance take the orange as one TIFF assign it a spot orange and then print the black TIFF on top of that. In tests I have done the top image knocks out the bottom image and it doesnt end up getting printed. I hope I explained this alright... any help would be awesome!

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    You must give the top image an Overprint or Overlap assignment to keep it from knocking out the bottom image. The preview will not show correctly in most instances in Composer but it will print okay.

3. deadbymorning

deadbymorning New Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I attempted this in tests as well and it didnt get printed.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Did you separate the orange from the black in Photoshop to create two correct images for each of the two colors and then adjust them to 100% black?