• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Pattern

brandyn

Design a pattern to Print on Wall Graphic Letters. Design the Pattern using Adobe Illustrator the pattern is perfect on letters at small sizes. When I blow letters up in Adobe it makes the Pattern to small on the Letters ruining the design of pattern. So basically I'm wondering what is best graphic way to keep the pattern the same for printing wall graphics throughout different sizes of wall graphics

rjssigns

Make vector pattern.
Drag it into Symbols palette.
Type lettering
Select lettering and type Command/Shift O to create outlines
Command 8 to create compound shape from outlines
I delete color from lettering to better see where I'm going
Create new layer under type and drag symbol to this layer.
Move things where you want to see them
Command A (select all)
Command 7(create clipping mask)
Add color

You now have a fully scalable piece of vector art.

brandyn

I created Pattern in adobe under options Pattern make then applied them directly to the Letters Issue comes up with Re sizing of letters when you Re size. I can use clipping mask but I have lots of words that need pattern applied to so its more time consuming that why I was looking at using apply pattern to swatches to save time.

omgsideburns

When you scale your graphics, you have to scale the pattern too...

Object > Transform > Scale > Make sure the "Patterns" checkbox is checked and type in the percentage you want to scale it to.

Alternatively, you can just scale the pattern after the fact by using the same dialog box and just checking patterns and unchecking everything else.