• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing problem on seiko 64s colourpainter

mario

Hi,

Does anyone experience this kind of printing? (attached) It does it occasionally every 2/3 m run of printing. I think its a capping station, but cables to heads looks clean, and heads are working fine except the light cyan and light magenta not top condition but is this related? i dont think so...

Attachments

• IMAG0448.jpg
    IMAG0448.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0447.jpg
    IMAG0447.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 160

mario

I use photoprint with its rip software. The printer worked fine when i cleaned the cables attached to the heads as there was some dry ink. Thought i solved it but it making it again today.

Bill Modzel

I have an HP9000s which is probably the same. It's a clear strip about the upper track
where the printhead bearing rides. YOu wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it.
I was having some strange print issues which didn't make sense. I think is was some sort of banding perpendicular to the printhead direction if I remember correctly and wiping the encoder strip lightly with a soft lint free cloth dampened with 99% isopropyl alcohol.

But DON'T do anything without confirming the alcohol thing. It's been over a year and I don't necessarily trust my memory on that.

mario

I'm not sure if its that plastic stip along the way at the top of the carriage, where there is a sensor reader to it. I cleaned this and cables attached to head and edge of cables to the board and is working fine now. Hope that was it.

thanks friends for your tips !!!