Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing problem on seiko 64s colourpainter

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by mario, Jul 24, 2011.

1. mario

mario Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Hi,

Does anyone experience this kind of printing? (attached) It does it occasionally every 2/3 m run of printing. I think its a capping station, but cables to heads looks clean, and heads are working fine except the light cyan and light magenta not top condition but is this related? i dont think so...

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I never seen anything like that before, you sure there isin't another file with in the file your printing?

3. mario

mario Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Its a tiff file. I will check saved prints by the way.

4. Signstoptt

Signstoptt New Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Hi what rip software are you using?

5. vikcho

vikcho Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Not very known to this machine but looks like encoder or encoder strip problem to me

6. mario

mario Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I use photoprint with its rip software. The printer worked fine when i cleaned the cables attached to the heads as there was some dry ink. Thought i solved it but it making it again today.

7. mario

mario Member

Aug 15, 2010
    where is the encoder please?

thanks

8. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

I have an HP9000s which is probably the same. It's a clear strip about the upper track
    where the printhead bearing rides. YOu wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it.
    I was having some strange print issues which didn't make sense. I think is was some sort of banding perpendicular to the printhead direction if I remember correctly and wiping the encoder strip lightly with a soft lint free cloth dampened with 99% isopropyl alcohol.

But DON'T do anything without confirming the alcohol thing. It's been over a year and I don't necessarily trust my memory on that.

9. mario

mario Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks Bill for that tip! i will try that tomorrow.

10. mario

mario Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Is it safe to clean with capping solution?

11. SE SignSupply

SE SignSupply Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Apex, NC
    If you're talking about the encoder, no. You should use something like 70% ipa and a lint free cloth to clean the encoder.

12. mario

mario Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I'm not sure if its that plastic stip along the way at the top of the carriage, where there is a sensor reader to it. I cleaned this and cables attached to head and edge of cables to the board and is working fine now. Hope that was it.

thanks friends for your tips !!!