• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Problem

mbarden

Just cant seem to lick this one. VS 540 Printer running dual CMYK inkset. OEM inks. THis is happening across all media accept banner material. All profiles as well. Test Print is perfect. Trying to humidify the air. Turned up preheat. Cleaned encoder strip. Any other folks having this issue?
Thanks
Mike B

Attachments

• 100_2579.JPG
    100_2579.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Static Issue.JPG
    Static Issue.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 77

Andrew O

Merchant Member
PM me your contact information and I'll get a tech to call you Friday for diagnostics, or feel free to just give us a call at (800) 542-2307. We're here to help.

WI

What pump? The ink pump? Not sure? How does one check that?
MB

Yeah, the ink pump. In most large format printers there's a pump that pushes the ink from the cartridges (or reservoirs, if you're using bulk ink) through to the print heads. Sometimes if you get a hole in one of the lines or one of the seals in the system starts to fail you'll drop colors. We're dealing with something like this on our Roland right now.

Now I'm not a tech, but you seem to be dropping all of your colors at a regular interval which makes me think that maybe you're losing pressure in the whole system, but then the pump cycles the ink again and you're good for another few passes. If it were just a hole in a line or a bad o-ring, I'd think you'd likely only lose a single color, but again I'm not a tech.

As you might have guessed you probably don't want to attempt to check something like this unless you really know what you're doing since you could at least torpedo your warranty (assuming it hasn't run out) or make the problem much worse. If you've already got a tech that you've got a relationship with, call him/her. Otherwise, I'd give Andrew O a buzz, see if he can help you out.

Hope you get this ironed out soon.