• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Problem

SE SignSupply

Any of you guys and girls seen any printing problems like this? Material is Arlon 4560GTX, profile is from Arlon.

Thanks!
Ryan

Attachments

• printer 001.jpg
    printer 001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 122
  • printer 002.jpg
    printer 002.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 60

rdm01

I get that sometimes. I think that the problem actually resides in the file. I usually save in a different format and reprint and it works fine. I would like to know what the hell is going on that causes it though!

My first impression is that this looks to be environment-related. Is the humdity in the room where the printer is located within normal operating ranges? FYI, those ranges would be 35 percent to 80 percent relative humidity. The room temp should be as colse to 68 degrees (f) as possible.

Bob

P

ProWraps™

cant tell anything from the pics. other than it looks like a very low res file.

Tparkin

It's a vector file.

This file prints fine on IJ180C, another roll of 4560GTX, general formulations 222 and everything else that I have in stock...so, I tend to believe that the file is fine.

I've had this issue before with 4560GTX but it went away and I never knew what I did, if anything, to fix it. The only thing that I can come up with is the actual vinyl's temp. I brought this roll in from the back room (84*) to the print room (72*) and started printing immediately. I noticed that after about an hour of adjusting profiles, etc that it started printing a little better. Could it be a material acclimation problem? My process has never been an issue with any other material other than the 4560....maybe it's more sensitive to environmental changes....?