Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing Problem

Discussion in 'Roland' started by SE SignSupply, Aug 19, 2008.

1. SE SignSupply

SE SignSupply Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Apex, NC
    Any of you guys and girls seen any printing problems like this? Material is Arlon 4560GTX, profile is from Arlon.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    Can you describe what is going on? Its hard to tell from the pics.

3. rdm01

rdm01 Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland Metro Area
    I get that sometimes. I think that the problem actually resides in the file. I usually save in a different format and reprint and it works fine. I would like to know what the hell is going on that causes it though!

4. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    My first impression is that this looks to be environment-related. Is the humdity in the room where the printer is located within normal operating ranges? FYI, those ranges would be 35 percent to 80 percent relative humidity. The room temp should be as colse to 68 degrees (f) as possible.

Bob

5. Dave L.

Dave L. Member

May 2, 2008
    USA
    Take 5 secs and do a feed calibration.

6. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Looks file related.
    material/ profile is not the problem.

7. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Raster or vector file?

8. schurms

schurms Member

Dec 8, 2006
    corrupt file

9. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

cant tell anything from the pics. other than it looks like a very low res file.

10. Tparkin

Tparkin Member

Jan 28, 2007
    It's a vector file.

This file prints fine on IJ180C, another roll of 4560GTX, general formulations 222 and everything else that I have in stock...so, I tend to believe that the file is fine.

I've had this issue before with 4560GTX but it went away and I never knew what I did, if anything, to fix it. The only thing that I can come up with is the actual vinyl's temp. I brought this roll in from the back room (84*) to the print room (72*) and started printing immediately. I noticed that after about an hour of adjusting profiles, etc that it started printing a little better. Could it be a material acclimation problem? My process has never been an issue with any other material other than the 4560....maybe it's more sensitive to environmental changes....?