Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing Problem?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by MCV, Nov 9, 2009.

1. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I am printing with an FX and here is the problem. Decal has three colors black, red, and silver. Black and silver print fine but when it comes to a couple small red details the printer pauses makes a noise skips then repeats (pause, skip, noise). What results is the red details are misaligned by a lot, like 1 or 2 inches off where they should be. I have already tried rotating the image, changed the caddy, sub out the color, and turned off all bleeds/traps. I have no idea what could be the problem. Also noticed today when I try to advance the vinyl with the arrow buttons it will advance about an inch then I get a loud noise and it gets stuck. Backing up works perfect.

Tags:
  2. stevesign

stevesign Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Gerber Problem

Let us know which software you are using to drive the printer, if its Flexi, then this is a known problem, try printing the image using Omega.

Steve

3. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I am using Omega 3.0

4. Craig Perry

Craig Perry Member

Dec 21, 2008
    sounds like a hardware issue to me mate...

5. stevesign

stevesign Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Gerber

Yes, sorry, i completely missed the part about "Also noticed today when I try to advance the vinyl with the arrow buttons it will advance about an inch then I get a loud noise and it gets stuck."

That does sound like a hardware problem.

Steve

6. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    It was a hardware issue. Bad motor. Thank you for the replies.