• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing problem

denney007

i am running flexi 8 with a mutoh falcon outdoor printer and all of the sudden my shades of grey are printing from purple to light blue. no grey at all. any help please. im sure i poted this in the wrong spot if so sorry.

32bantum

First check your ink in the cartridges to ensure you are not running out on one of the colors and the ink level tab is not pushing out to let you know.

denney007

checked that and its still doing it. i have done like 15 power washes on it. i dont know if its a comunication problem or a printer problem.

SigndogLLC

I am having this same issue.....My grey's are printing purple-blue also.

Let me back track a second first.....So last week my 48" Mutoh Falcon Outdoor was printing the grey's REDISH, really bad! I contacted tech support, and the gentleman kept saying it was my "profiles"... We have had this printer for 4 years now, and had our profiles that we currently use for most of that time, and I have never experienced that.

Well, we finally narrowed it down to, the Mutoh Ink Cartridges that we had purchased. Appartently Mutoh was trying to save money, so they didn't have to raise prices again, and used a cheaper plastic.....ultimately resulting in the cartridges being a "hair" too small...thus making them loose when inserted into the Ink Cassette Slots, air was able to enter, along with the ink (this was causing the redish hue, along with our ink looking EXTREMELY faded on the media)... Mutoh sents us new cartridges. Everything was printing great UNTIL I came in Monday to print.

Now, our grey's are acting up again....This time, it is not red...its PURPLE to BLUEISH, just like the original poster... Someone mentioned that Cyan make have cross-contaminated into the Black? How would you know for sure, and what can you do to fix that? I am attaching a photo that has a Nozzle Test and a print of the rainbow, as well as a grey scale block..... What do you guys/ladies think? Please help! Thanks for your input.

Automated message:

Please observe Signs 101 rules on posting pictures found here
www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35000
:thankyou:

Attachments

• 10nozzle.jpg
    10nozzle.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:

randya

Not a very clear image of the nozzle check, but it doesnt look like cross contamination from here.

That does really go back to color management - profiles and rendering intent.

ikillfish

Same exact problem

I was and AM having the same problem as you, I also have a mutoh 48 and fixed it with a color profile off of oracals site last week and printed all week just perfect! then one of my cartridges ran dry and when I replaced it (without changing any profile settings or ink types) it went back to printing the blacks as purples! Here is the profile from oracal, maybe it will work for you..http://www.oracal.com/knowledge/icc-profiles.asp then download the 3651m profile- maybe try others as well. It worked for me for a week perfect then just decided to stop. Any help from ANYONE on why my profile stopped working right would be awesome! (already tried checkiung the ink cartridges)