• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing problems

colorwheel

Changed out encoder strip of my roland sp 540 had to go into service mode and do several things.
Started to print some rectangles to check printing. Now it prints about a 1/2" then leaves 1/4" of white
when print 1/2" again. It's like printing stripes.

Attachments

• Print pattern.jpg
    Print pattern.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 111

rjssigns

Might have bumped one of the ribbon cables. Make sure they're all seated and squared in the socket.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sometimes encoders come with a protective film on them. If you didn't take that off it could cause the issue. As stated above, make sure you didn't knock any cables out of position. Did you run the encoder setup and calibration in service mode? Did either of them fail at any point?

colorwheel

All cables are in place. also ran the set and calibration in service mode with no problems. It will print the reg. marks without being striped.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
yes Flexi 10 have always used it.

Check the installation manager. Sometimes, for whatever reason, Flexi 10 will default back to demo mode and it will print about 1/4" lines about every 1" just like in your image. You just need to enter your password again and it should do the trick.