Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing program suggestions

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by ssignshop, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ssignshop

ssignshop New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Grandville, Mi.
    Looking for some suggestions on the best software to print from.
    We have used flexi / Rip and Print for several years now and I do like working in flexi however we have always struggled when it comes to the color. Blends rarely come out well and certain colors ( grey, red ) don't come out the greatest either.
    We been told all along to not print out of flexi for these issues so I'm curious to know what other programs have more of a consistent output.

Tags:
  2. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    signlab

3. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    It might depend on your printer, but I use CorelDraw with the addition of the Roland Color Palette System and it works awesome.

4. ssignshop

ssignshop New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Grandville, Mi.
    Thanks, I've heard Versaworks is commonly used and the roland color palette system. We have to upgrade at some point. Deciding what to put your money on in this economy is tough but we are actually busy right now. I hope it lasts for a while.

5. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Totally agree with Pat. If it's free, use it. If not, buy a better one.

We use Versaworks for the Roland machine, and Onyx x10 for the others.

6. speedmedia

speedmedia Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Onyx, got 7.0 for sale if you are looking. Can be updated to 7.3.2.

Thanks,
    Kurt

7. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    In what way(s)? Do you have the latest version?

8. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

I also agree with Pat on Versaworks. Recently installed the HP L25500 and am running Onyx 10.0. I'm also using Onyx to run the Roland now instead of Versaworks.

9. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    shiraz RIP

www.shiraz-software.com
    This is for all platforms and you can download a demo to try it out. This is a great RIP .

10. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    Cool. But in what way(s) is VersaWorks lacking or inferior?

11. lodzam

lodzam New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Hie people...

Where can i get photo print or any rip software that drive a mutoh valuejet 1304 and a mutoh kona 1400 for free

12. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    unless it's a free program, you probably can't "get it' free.. and if it is a free program, i guess you could get it anywhere... so i guess it ain't, & you can't...

13. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Since you're already comfortable with Flexi, perhaps your money would be better spent on creating custom profiles and/or learning how to achieve proper output via Flexi.

I've been printing from Flexi for 10 years, and we get excellent, consistent results.

14. LittleSnakey

LittleSnakey Member

Jan 12, 2008
    I also like Flexi for printing. Try downloading arlons dpf4560gtx profile and using that. As for versaworks I only use it on real big high res raster images that for some reason Flexi either gives a rip error or it will rip then only print the cut registration marks.

The other reason I don't use versa much anymore is cause we cut with a summa so I have to add the marks manually with versa.

15. Stafford Cox

Stafford Cox New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Kent, UK
    If you were to download Shiraz and have any questions, create and new post with them and I'll be happy to help.

Stafford

16. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

No idea what this has to do with a thread mostly about Flexisign that has pretty much been a dead and gone thread since February... :cool:

17. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN

Almost the same thing. I use CorelDraw but I use the Colorsure Palette as that goes with the dye sub inks that I use. I would imagine using Corel with the palette that works the best with the ink set you have would be a good solution. It is in my case anyway. Colors are spot on.