• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing PSA billboards - need profile advise please

LenXIII

I don't know if this should be posted here or in the flexi forum, but I figured most people using a mutoh is probably using flexi.

I have a VJ-1614 and I have 2-3 10.5'x36' billboards to print. These don't need to be very high quality because of the view distance, I will probably use the banner 4 option to print. The problem is, last time I printed a billboard I went through atleast 600ml of ink (2 full 220's and then some..) It seems a bit much ink for 370 square feet.

It seems anytime I print full coverage (blues, reds, blacks) it is costing me between 55-65 cents a square. Does this sound about right? That mutoh study showed between 15-33, but I have never been that low for full ink coverage.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how to minimize my ink usage when printing these billboards? All profiles that I have tried, especially on the fast settings, seems to spit a lot of ink still. I don't need these prints as saturated as it seems to make them.

SE SignSupply

I don't know if this should be posted here or in the flexi forum, but I figured most people using a mutoh is probably using flexi.

I have a VJ-1614 and I have 2-3 10.5'x36' billboards to print. These don't need to be very high quality because of the view distance, I will probably use the banner 4 option to print. The problem is, last time I printed a billboard I went through atleast 600ml of ink (2 full 220's and then some..) It seems a bit much ink for 370 square feet.

It seems anytime I print full coverage (blues, reds, blacks) it is costing me between 55-65 cents a square. Does this sound about right? That mutoh study showed between 15-33, but I have never been that low for full ink coverage.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how to minimize my ink usage when printing these billboards? All profiles that I have tried, especially on the fast settings, seems to spit a lot of ink still. I don't need these prints as saturated as it seems to make them.

I would take a hard look at sub-contracting the billboard work. The valuejet line is not a billboard printer.

randya

The Profile determines how much ink is used.

How are you determining how much your per sq.ft. costs are?