• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Question w/white backing?

MCV

Here is what I am doing, and I am trying to find the best solution.

The Decal is red, with a clear box, and a white graphic on top of the red. Printed on clear vinyl with Abrasion guard.

What I want to do: Back the entire red decal with white leaving clear box clear. Then print the red portion of the decal leaving the white backing as the graphic. Then the abraision guard.

What is happening: The backing white is working fine, the red prints right where it should, but then it wants to print the white graphic which I don't need. I would like the backing just to show through. See Pic.

Question: Can I move the AG in front of the last white foil then cancel the print so it does not print the last white?

I am assuming there is a way to do this in composer I just cant figure it out. If I put the graphic (the circle) to clear it does not want to print the backing there and if I check the apply to clear it want's to back my clear box which I need to leave clear.

Offsite Pic Removed Photo Posting Rules

Attachments

• 4074849255_7f7e899965_o.jpg
    4074849255_7f7e899965_o.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:

MCV

Perfect I will give that a try. I am new to the omega software and I have a lot to learn.

Tel

How are you setting up the Abrasion Guard. My preferred way is in the gsplot screen select the 123 button (print options F11) and press backing/finish then select abrasion guard from the finish coat and select job area this will then put the abrasion guard on last and will automaically select overprint. The whole job will be covered by the abrasion guard.
Hope this is of use.
regards
Tel