Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing Question w/white backing?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by MCV, Nov 4, 2009.

1. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Here is what I am doing, and I am trying to find the best solution.

The Decal is red, with a clear box, and a white graphic on top of the red. Printed on clear vinyl with Abrasion guard.

What I want to do: Back the entire red decal with white leaving clear box clear. Then print the red portion of the decal leaving the white backing as the graphic. Then the abraision guard.

What is happening: The backing white is working fine, the red prints right where it should, but then it wants to print the white graphic which I don't need. I would like the backing just to show through. See Pic.

Question: Can I move the AG in front of the last white foil then cancel the print so it does not print the last white?

I am assuming there is a way to do this in composer I just cant figure it out. If I put the graphic (the circle) to clear it does not want to print the backing there and if I check the apply to clear it want's to back my clear box which I need to leave clear.

Offsite Pic Removed Photo Posting Rules

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
    Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    just compound that red shape...clear will show clear, white will show white...

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    +1

4. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Perfect I will give that a try. I am new to the omega software and I have a lot to learn.

5. Tel

Tel Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    How are you setting up the Abrasion Guard. My preferred way is in the gsplot screen select the 123 button (print options F11) and press backing/finish then select abrasion guard from the finish coat and select job area this will then put the abrasion guard on last and will automaically select overprint. The whole job will be covered by the abrasion guard.
    Hope this is of use.
    regards
    Tel

6. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Thanks for the tip. That is exactly what I did and they turned out perfect.