• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing "RED" on Oracal 5600 Reflective material

athennes

I am in need of some help here.

I have a HP 315 latex printer.

I am trying to print a nice colorful "RED" on Oracal 5600 reflective material. It comes out either looking orange and to light in color. I am printing in CMYK and the adjustments I make tend to make it darker than I need it. My goal is to print something close to the Oracal Ruby Red or 3M Ruby Red.

I looked for a print profile and could not find one for this purpose.

Can someone give me a hand to accomplish this task.

Thanks,

Allen

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the correct profiles ?? For sh!ts and giggles, print the color you want on something other than reflective and see if it's close to what you desire. After you dial it in, see if you change to a reflective profile, it should still be kinda dead balls on.

MikePro

Ruby Red you'd be somewhere in the range of C2 M100 Y95 K10.
print CMYK or PMS charts with ICC profiles turned off, to use as your base values for tweaking sample prints until you find CMYK values to your liking and then create a spot color palette for future use.