Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Printing Reflective Aluminum Signs

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Nane, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Nane

Nane New Member

Sep 29, 2020
    France
    Hello,
    I need Reflective Aluminum Signs with various designs that have many colors in them. As I talked with some sign-making companies, they told me that the reflective vinyl has some standard colors. Is there a way to print other colored reflective vinyl?
    Thank you in advance.

2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Yes, you can print on reflective to make full color or other solid color images

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Definitely. We print on 3M reflective all the time, laminate w/ 3M 8518 and mount to aluminum/ACM.

Depending on whether you're printing solvent/uv the inks will affect the reflectivity differently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    We print on reflective all the time as well with great results...mostly latex but some UV.

5. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    We have a HP570, and rather than waster an extra 1.5-2' per print, I'll run a print on clear, then apply to the reflective after it's been mounted to a panel. Depending on how much is in the job, I'll either use 3m 8518 or arlon 4500G clear.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    Well, of course. 3M 3290. I dont have much luck with Nipon Carbide with my solvent printer. Latex does fine.