• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Screen Positives

Susan Stewart

Can someone tell me the best roll material to print out screen positives for screen printing on a HP latex 310, please? Right now we are using 54" Natura SO800, but we are wondering if there is something better out there that someone else knows about.

d fleming

I use an epson workforce printer that has 13x19 capability. I get sheet for positives in box of 100 from tubelite. Simplle, quick and cheap enough.

greysquirrel

I don't think you will get the opacity that you need using the latex but it's worth a try. Id buy a sample roll of something. Epson carry's a clear film

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
you won’t find anything that truly works well compared to a dedicated modified epson. Not saying you shouldn’t keep researching but if your goal is printing perfect screen positive you’re 100% going to have to buy a stand alone printer.

• Agree
Reactions: MFA

ikarasu

We print on our latex all the time... It does a nice opaque black.

I wouldn't do a CMYK 4 color screenprint, or anything that requires super tight registration as the films.never perfectly align... But for stuff like traffic / 2-3 colors that can be a mm off, latex works great.

We use a film from Gans digital.... I'm pretty sure they don't carry roll vinyl anymore, but may be worth asking them about it.