• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing small decals on hp latex 260

Quark

Merchant Member
Hello, I'm attempting to print small decals (stickers) of about business card size and design and getting very pixilated prints. Not because the image is low res (it's vector) but how it's actually printed - very grainy, very noticeable to the naked eye. Print from flexi 18 pass I think at 1200 dpi. Same image printed on laser is crisp clean and colors are clean, not grainy, and much much finer. Is this as good as it gets or did I mess up? Thanks all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 121

AF

What you see is normal for Latex. The drop size is 12 picolites which is rather large in comparison to what the Epson based solvent units can print. But it doesn't matter for the intended output size from the printer. Business cards will be passable, but look grainy as you describe. Print a poster, however, and the print will look spectacular at a normal viewing distance. Comparing to a laser print is apples to oranges and not a useful comparison at all.

dypinc

How are your light inks setup?

Where are you starting the regular inks at?

This can make a big difference in apparent graininess.

If I was going to print small decals like this I would make a special calibration/light ink setup just for this that has heavy light ink usage. Don't start your regular inks until 40 to 50 percent.