• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing speed TrueVIS VF2-640 64" Eco-Solvent Printer

thesignpost

Does anyone know the print speed of the TrueVIS VF2-640 64" Eco-Solvent Printer? Roland doesn't seem to want you to know this I guess.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's going to depend on which ink configuration you set it up with but my guess would be max speed is around 327 sqft per hour. That's the max speed of the VG2 series which uses 4 FlexFire heads just like the VF2. That being said, there could be some difference between the two such as if they are staggered or not which I couldn't find any info on. So not the fastest machine which is probably why they are spending so much marketing effort on the wider color gamut and ignoring speed.

thesignpost

Thats what I thought as well. I dont really care about the color gamut. i have been with Roland since I opened in '98. Really disappointing they sacrificed speed for gamut, the eye doesnt really notice much of a difference. i guess I might be going to Mimaki.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
If you are looking for speed, have a look at the Stratojet Hawk CleanPrint, it does have decent speed and a two or three year warranty i think

thesignpost

I forgot to mention, it needs to be print/cut. I was looking into the TrueVIS VF2-640 64" Eco-Solvent Printer, I was considering doing the printer and plotter option rather than having the print/cut option, But the TueVIS is step backwards as far as print speed goes. My XR 640 PRO 4 is a champ, I need to replace the magenta and lt cyan heads on it. I was gonna trade it in for a refreshed printer, but all I would be able to do is get another PRO 4, So I guess I will just repair what I have.

CanuckSigns

I forgot to mention, it needs to be print/cut. I was looking into the TrueVIS VF2-640 64" Eco-Solvent Printer, I was considering doing the printer and plotter option rather than having the print/cut option, But the TueVIS is step backwards as far as print speed goes. My XR 640 PRO 4 is a champ, I need to replace the magenta and lt cyan heads on it. I was gonna trade it in for a refreshed printer, but all I would be able to do is get another PRO 4, So I guess I will just repair what I have.

I've owned a vg640 as well as a pro 4 and the truvis machine is WAY faster, I still don't like them since we had 3 lemon ones, but they were fairly quick.

If speed is your concern, you need to get a separate plotter, when the printer is cutting its not printing.

thesignpost

I've owned a vg640 as well as a pro 4 and the truvis machine is WAY faster, I still don't like them since we had 3 lemon ones, but they were fairly quick.

If speed is your concern, you need to get a separate plotter, when the printer is cutting its not printing.

Sorry, the PRO 4 is faster according to Roland literature.

thesignpost

Couldnt you print on the EJ 640 and then use a plotter for cutting the decals? I know you can do that with TrueVIS.

I went to company website that sells the EJ 640 and it says "Decals when teamed up with a plotter". Roland's website sux as far as information. Thanks everyone, I got the info I was looking for.

thesignpost

xr 640 specs.jpg
TrueVIS VG2-640 specs.jpg
I've owned both, the truvis is substantially faster

Agree to disagree

Last edited: