• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Stops on VP540

Mainframe

I am scratching my head on this one, I am trying to print a banner that is 4' x 24 feet on my VP 540, i tried printing it 3 times & it keeps stopping at 16 feet, the carriage stops printing & the printer feeds the material through quickly until I cancel the job, anyone know what this could be? started with a pdf file from illy, then changed it to an eps file, then I rasterized it in photoshop & I guess it is not the file but something to do with the machine or Versaworks. I have printed 25 footers before so this is a new problem.:banghead:

cdiesel

Have you turned the main power off to the printer, rebooted the pc, and any switches or hubs in your network?

Mainframe

I don't know my firmware, I am home but I was having another issue a month ago & Roland gave me an updated firmware to load, I have printed a long banner since that upgrade, also I turned off the machine from the front but didn't turn it off from the back, now I am out of banner material so I can't try again until 1 today.

zigns62

Check to see if you have any other programs open. There might be issue with too many programs running.

Mainframe

Versaworks has an update & I am gonna get a new router, any suggestions on a router? I have Verizon internet, it is pretty fast but not fios.

3.30 is my firmware
4.1.1 is my Version of Versaworks but I just updated it so I was using the one before that

DRamm76

Something is interrupting the communication from the Versaworks Software to the machine. Are there any other programs running or a firewall?

Do you have "RIP while printing" selected? some people have had issues with this...

Also, how big is the file? A lot of people bring in these massive full size fies that really slow things down..

Mainframe

I got a new dual band netgear router but I can't get versaworks to recognize the printer, anyone have any thoughts?

InkjetAuction

Problems...

3.4 is the most current VP firmware... even though 3.3 is the highest firmware posted in the Roland Support Wizard.

You will have to download it from the Roland Japan website: http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/color.html#vpfirm

You are using the most current version of VersaWorks.

Like Dan stated in a previous post, perhaps you are running out of "scratch disk" space. Those large banners can use up a ton of disk space when rasterized. How much free space do you have on your C: drive?

~E

Mainframe

24.8 gigs on the c drive left, I have an older Westell ethernet router & I think it is the problem, I am trying to hook up a newer router but it won't recognize the printer, I must have some kind of setting off, I hooked up the old westell & it sees the printer, driving me crazy!

Mainframe

Just to update, Netgear Tech support got me going, they were great, 'the old router was the problem, banner is done, all is well.

Last edited:

artbot

the sp's can have electrostatic build up... after turning off from the front and then the back, unplug, then press the front "on" button four times slowly. this is the only way to fully discharge the capacitors. i've seen that procedure cure a pesky sp.

Riethian

Hi, I had been same problem. I updated firmware to 4.80 and thats enough to fix it. I think they updated the ethernet driver on the mainboard.

Ugur A.

Riethian

***UPDATE
The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.