• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing stops the same place every time Roland FJ540

lovecanvas

Hi all, the issue I’m having is I can print all small sizes of canvas ok (10"x10", 8"x10" ect) but as soon as I step up to 30"x20" the print stops exactly the same place on the image every time, about half way through give or take an inch.

Software is Roland Colorip 2.2

Things I have tried
  • Changing the tiff image to a pdf and jpeg in Photoshop and compressing to a much smaller file size.
  • Installed Colorip on a second PC and tried it.
  • I didn’t have a crossover cable so I used printed through a switch, purchased a crossover cable and tried it
  • Tried slowing down the print speed
Nearly worked
The weird thing is I tied rotating the image from portrait to landscape and it does stop printing every time but only misses about three inches off the image.

Any ideas as to how to solve please

Thanks

Yep either you have a corrupt file or the output profile is not working or corrupt try changing profiles. Another thing to check eventhough its probably not a connection issue since it prints other things fine and still only prints the same amount of this print is double checking your sizing in layout settings in color rip. You might have to manually tell it the width or it may be restricting the size either b/c when you setup the sheet in printer you didnt select roll you selected piece. Or it could be that problem just in the rip sizing setting check both. 1 more thing does the printer say processing or does rip still have job printing in q ? Or does it act like its done printing the job? If the media slips off the sensor either in the back or front of that machine it will think there isnt any media left check that too. Let me know

lovecanvas

It prints when I drop the dpi

I dropped the dpi from 300 to 200 and it prints fine, more testing to be done but thought I would post a quick reply.

Digitalsolution, when it did stop printing it would form feed the paper forward line by line as if it was still printing and processing would be on the screen.

Thanks for that quick reply, I will update on the final outcome in a few days.