Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing the full 48"

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by thewvsignguy, Jun 12, 2012.

1. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    OK, now that flexi is back up and running on version 10.5 I have another question.

When loading the media the printer measures the media width and display's the correct measurment on the control panel. Now the problem is when I have 30" of media loaded the print head travels the full 48" of the printer but only prints on the 30" I specified in PM. I checked my settings in PM as to the settings I had when running 10.0 and they seem the same.

Do any flexi users know of a fix, I'll never get caught up at this pace...

Tags:
  2. Intense01

Intense01 Member

May 2, 2011
    In Production Manager click on your printer. Then under the 4th tab at the top look at "scan width" and click Print area instead of machine.

3. thewvsignguy

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    Excellent quick fix.

THANK YOU!!

4. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    If you set that as default setting in PM that will help but I found you have to check that setting under Driver Settings if you use different profiles. It always goes back to the Machine Width. Something new in 10.5 I guess.

5. thewvsignguy

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    Yea, It's set in all my profiles now. I just did not know what to call it or where to find the setting.

It is new in 10.5, can't say what good it will do but whatever.....

Thanks