• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing to canvas material?

ABBOTARTDEPT

I got some sample canvas in. But when i print it seems the ink doesnt look lively. the black is dull and overall brightness is lackluster. I was wondering if there was a certain way to pring to canvas, or is this just the way it is. Its a cloth like canvas. forgot the nomenclature. hell, i may even be printing on the wrong side. hard to tell with canvas. lol

ecoleejr

Chances are you are printing on the wrong side. We just had our guy print on the wrong side last week when testing some canvas. Once printed on the correct side the print was very nice. All colors looked great.

ABBOTARTDEPT

thanks. dont know what brand canvas this is. but if there are any recommended icc profiles for a mimaki jv3 please point me there. thanks for the reply.

particleman

Check with the manufacturer about profiles. We have printed canvas with this issue, you need to profile it to get the best results.