• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing to fabric on HP Latex printer

Pideas

I have a HP Latex 310 printer. I understand that it's capable of printing to fabric (table cloths, flags, etc.). I have not tried it myself yet. I'm just wondering if anyone has had success printing to fabric and what kind of material did they use.

klmjff

We have printed Samba backlit material(similar to backlits in Apple store)

That's all we've used so far and it work great!

tylercrum

We're running the 360. We print on Beaver Paper - Mosaic and Fisher Textiles 1800 Blocker. Both are great. The thing WE had the most trouble with was figuring out that you need to put the fabric on the take-up reel before you start printing. Otherwise the material falls down into the ink collection tray and the prints get fuzzy and it never fixes itself once you start printing. But put it on the take-up from the start and everything looks great. We use the HP Light Textile Display Banner profile and print at 20 pass and the prints look great. You can probably get away with printing at a higher pass but we have 2 1/2 printers so we're less worried about speed and more concerned with quality. PM me if you have any questions or need any help with it. We're running a fairly large fabric banner job as I type this...

Pideas

Thanks Tyler. I've heard of Fisher textiles and was going to contact them about their materials. I may give it a try. Thanks for the tip about the take up reel. I've found that a lot of materials I run including vinyl banners and dry erase material require securing to the take up reel before running. I've had multiple jams and head crashes by not securing to the take up reel. A common issue HP should definitely address.