Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing vinyl vs regular vinyl

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 149motorsports, Oct 30, 2009.

1. 149motorsports

149motorsports Active Member

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    I got a roll of a glossy mactac vinyl that is made for printing, since i dont do printing but yet i am stuck with the roll, i figured i'd use it as my white vinyl for my race cars, will this work? you cant really tell the differance between the two next to each other..any down sides,ect? thanks

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Anything is fine for race cars. Most don't make it a whole race without a scrape or 20. (Except the fast guys, and they get a new car each year mostly)

3. 149motorsports

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    thanks, i didnt know if anything would go wrnong with printing vinyl is layered over calandered, since most printing is over laminated.

4. Rollie

Rollie Very Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I find it harder to weed.

5. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    I agree

6. 149motorsports

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    yea i noticed that, the stuff doesnt want to peel up lol

7. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    if you take 3M lammed and contour cut it its a pain in the *** to weed. BUT, if you let it sit for a few hours, the cut peices will litteraly pull away from the excess and it practially weeds itself.