• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing white and metallic ink mama cjv150-75

rockers

got another question I heard that printing white and metallic slows down the printing process on this machine
are any members printing whitened metallic inks if so what are the issues are you having.as im still not sure what ink configuration to get.any feed back would be most helpful...

woolly

i run a vs540 wt mt and yes its slow compared to normal prints approx half speed.. fastest for that type of head is 2xcmyk roughly half it if light inks used and again if wt mt.
you have to have a regular use for the wt mt colours else it will be a profit drain and a load of hassle.
i have just given up on the white ink after about 6-7 years due to continual clogging problems of the wt ink even after going over and above the manufactures maintenance. the mt remains perfect but the white too many issues and cost.
you may also be disappointed with the opacity of the white and the met at best is a bright silver (only on gloss media ) but both have there uses and can work well. i would see it all working before and a good think about the intended use. its low use upkeep that is the real draw back.