Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing white, chrome or gold on clear

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Rat_Fink, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Rat_Fink

Rat_Fink Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Mishawaka, IN
    Hello - Off and on, I have a need to print small decals on clear background with white print (sometimes chrome or gold has also been requested).
    Is the Gerber Edge still the go-to for stuff like this? These decals will be approx ½ - ¾" tall x 1-2" wide and be used to put a logo or a personalized name/monogram on a custom fishing rod.
    After applied - it will be coated in epoxy so durability is not a huge deal.

If it could also cut basic shapes like rounded corners or ovals, that would be even better or I can find some way to set up flexi to die cut like my wide format prints.

It will not be used very often, so speed is not an issue - since the decals are quite small, the width of the material can be small as well.

Any info would be appreciated - thanks!

Tags:
  2. AKwrapguy

AKwrapguy Active Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Anchorage, AK
    That small and thoese colors, I think that something like the Gerber is going to be your best bet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1