• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing white ink only with HP Latex 800w & Onyx Go RIP

Lawotto

Hello all!

New to the forums so I apologize if this is miscategorized. Is there a way to print white ink only on clear PSVs with an HP 800W? Thanks for any suggestions!

kanini

Yes you can print white only, you can for example set up a white spot color in the file or make a file with let's say 1% yellow on the graphic where you want white and set the white spot to "image area" in the RIP.

Hello all!

New to the forums so I apologize if this is miscategorized. Is there a way to print white ink only on clear PSVs with an HP 800W? Thanks for any suggestions!
Use a spot color named Spot1 in the design app, save as a PDF, and Onyx will recognize it as white ink.

This is referred to as using Spot White print mode. At normal ink densities for clear films (60 or 100 percent white ink density), the print speed in these print modes is between 125-183 ft/2 hr.