• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing White Ink to Clear stickers -- First Time!

splizaat

Hey guys!
Finally ready to put this white channel to some use on our new VS540i!

It's not a huge order by any means, but I'm glad, because it'll give us the chance to really play with the white ink printing on clear vinyl...these particular stickers are White ink ONLY (no color) on clear 3651. I was going to use CCVP profile, Mode: White(v), Quality: Standard. Is there a better profile you suggest over CCVP?

This stickers in this order are 2.5"x2.5" and 5"x5" with some pretty detailed/thin lines. What kind of tips do you have for me to make sure I get an opaque enough white but still retain small details? Will a single-pass white be enough? Any other tips I should know before I dig in?

I don't know why, but white ink is intimidating to me. I've read too much...

El Barto

As well as agitating the cartridges, I'd run a med clean on that channel if you haven't used it in a while. I find Roland's recirculating system pretty weak; it needs help.
Throw some cheap black vinyl in there and see what your white looks like first. This will give you a better idea of it's opacity and quality.
If you want/need a second pass just add 1 to the overprint. That'll do it all at once without having to muck with returning to the origin and trying to get good registration.

splizaat

Did some testing this morning using different settings CCVP and Generic Clear. Both Profiles produced same results so we stuck with CCVP, white only, standard quality, overprint 2 times.

Probably could have gotten away with one pass, but I'm picky and our printer doesn't run 24/7 so I have time to run things with extra time to make sure they come out spotless. I ran them both ways and single pass on this new eco-sol max 2 ink was pretty opaque but compared to the overprint 2 times version, it wasn't bright white.

Thank you! That was so much easier than I had imagined....bunch of worrying for nothing :)