• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing with bleed

Jboogie214

Hp fb 700

Does anyone know how to print to any substrate with bleed. I am using the caldera to rip my work. The hp wants to clip my image to fit substrate. Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

should be a setting in there i think it was called overprint if its the hp touch screen flatbed. i dont remember the model number they had it at shop i worked for back in 08-11

jmolleur

We print full bleed pretty often on our FB500. When setting up the artwork, if it the substrate is 18x24, we save it at 18.25"x24.25". Send the file over to the printer, go to the printer and click on the file and there is a margins button. You have 4 margins in there, you want to set them all to a negative number and have the first two equal out to the bleed you set up, same for the last two margins. In this case we have a .25" bleed, so you would set the margins to -.125,-.125 and then the other two the same -.125,-.125

If you're printing on 4x8s and the sheets aren't cut straight, we set up a half inch bleed in the artwork (48.5 x 96.5). Then your margins would be -.25, -.25, -.25, -.25

This is how we do it anyways...

Hope this helps!