• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing with white ink, need some advice

Rob_maxgrafix

Got a job to make a couple hundred round city seals to be applied to car and truck doors. need to be printed on a particular gold confetti, this requires a white base print.

Printing on a VS-300i, with white ink. The white ink isn't completely opaque in one pass, but with multiple passes, I can get the desired effect.

Here is my predicament: In testing to see if I could achieve the desired opacity, I was using the same job loaded in versaworks, having it return to origin after the end of the print, and change the print mode, and overprtint the same job multiple times, and I was able to get the desired appearance in 3 passes of W-> CMYK. submitted the sample, customer happy, job awarded.

My issue is trying to set it up to run the jobs in succession on their own. I am loading the same file 3 times in a row, setting them to print in W->CMYK, return to origin, and print the next one on top of the previous, it wont print white on the second or third overprint, regardless of the settings, it will just print CMYK

If I were to use the same loaded file, and change the settings for each overprint, I can print white on every pass, but that requires someone to be at the computer to hit print ever time the job finishes. Im trying to set it up to run on its own, but so far, no luck.

does anyone have experience with printing with white ink?

Coban

I believe there is a dual pass setting. It lays down alot of ink so you'll want to let the ink dry extra before handling it

hyperdrive

I have the xr, but same concept.. in you instance send over say 3 files... 2 white,1 cmyk
Print only white, dry pull back print white again , dry pull back, then print cmyk.. enable dry time on printer.. works like a champ for us.. .. if big print no dry time between necessary. Also modify the cmyk profile to lay down more ink on the white.. this ensures a much more vivid color.