• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing wraps

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken.... that's a flatbed. If it uses UV inks, that's why. UV inks are not subject to the bending and roughhousing that takes place when wrapping a vehicle, plus the ink won't remain on the vinyl around sharp bends or curves. In other words, the UV inks dry so hard and rigid, they aren't known for wrap projects.

This is something your distributor should've told you right up front.

Jim Doggett

is there any reason y i would be told i cant print car wraps on my jf 1631?

You can outsource the printing. Many merchants here would no doubt like the business.

And as Gino said, UV ink is too brittle an ink for the stretching and shrinking needed to wrap around fenders, etc.

You might even be able to partner / swap out with an Ecosol printer user. No doubt they have jobs they wish they could print directly onto coroplast, etc.

noack214

well thats a bummer.. and yes my ink is brittle, sometimes i feel its gonna flake off if i look at it long enough.

now i may be mistaken but im sure the vendor told me there is a flex ink available for my flatbed. cant seem to find it though. must be a myth.

but in the mean time if i do get a job 4 a wrap i will for sure be outsourcing it to some 1 on this site.

thanx 4 all the info.

Jim Doggett

Yeah; Flex UV inks are little better from what I hear, albeit spendy and not widely available in the US from what I can tell. And even then, not as pliable as Ecosol.

Heck, we'd love to add an Ecosol to your arsenal :^)

But outsourcing is a great option, too. If you have the customer, getting the output is the easy part, it seems to me.