• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing wrong colors

rightnow

Hello guys,

I'm a pretty noob at this, but has read alot of threads regarding color management. (Excuse my english, im swedish).

My Setup: Mimaki CJV30-100 with Rasterlink 5 SG

I have configured my Adobe Creative Suite to use Adobe RGB (1998), together with CMYK: ISO Coated v2 (ECI). I use the same in Rasterlink. My monitor is calibrated.

I'm trying to print a one-color PDF with CMYK color 51,32,27,16. On my screen its a blue/gray with a touch of green. But it ends up really blue/purpul, not even close.

When i check the PDF in rasterlink, and hover the color, it shows me the correct CMYK values. So it should be right, no color conversion.

Its not just this PDF, but im working on this one to get it close to right, if thats possible.

Can anyone give me any hints? I can send you the PDF if its any help.

* Can you guys check your screens/printers, is 51,32,27,16 blue/gray with a touch of green, or is it in fact purpul?

* It would be good to know if its my printer that cannot do any better than this, or if its my screen that shows incorrect and my printer is right.

Thanks in advance!

MikePro

unfamiliar with rasterlink, but if you're setting up CMYK values in illustrator and do not want them modified by RasterLink.... there should be an "All ICC Profiles Off" option somewhere in your rip software.

the value you gave, 51 32 27 16, is a navy/grey blue
should print just fine.

another option, if you like, is to setup a swatch in Illustrator for those values and set as a "Spot Color"
and you're rip software shouldn't modify it at all if you have the "Preserve Spot Colors" option checked (wherever it may be in RasterLink, if at all... which it should)
comes in handy if you're printing rasterized images that you want rasterlink to assist in profiling colors for the printer, but want to preserve your CMYK values for vectorized objects in the file.

rightnow

Yeah, there is an option on both RGB and CMYK side to turn off ICC.
A checkbox i think. I can try that and see what happens!