• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printquality of SP-300i / SG-300 / BN-20 for sports apparel

Purk_7

Hi, i'm new to digital printing.
I run a sportstore and started printing the shirts myself 2 years ago with a Summa D60 plotter.
This is perfect for 1 color designs and names/numbers.
But i have to apply multicolor logo's as well, which for now have to be ordered.
The problem is that ordering color logo's is expensive if i need a low number of logo's.
For example a JR team of 10 shirts.

I am looking into Roland Eco Solvent for creating printed Heat Transfer.

I see that the SP-300i has a resolution of 1440 dpi. The BN-20 also has 1440 dpi but uses a newer printhead. Then there is the SG-300, which has a lower resolution of 900 dpi.
How does the SG-300 achieve better quality then the old SP-300i?
And which of the three has the best looking image quality from close range? I also a interested in the quality of solid colors. I've seen samples of collegues where the dittering in solid colors is easily seen.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The SG-300 doesn't have better quality than the SP-300i. In general if you start with high quality bitmaps and vector graphics, printing at 720x720 will look photo quality. I go to a lot of shops around the country and I rarely see anyone printing 1440x1440 if at all.

They will all have similar quality but the BN-20 will have the best overall quality because of the head it uses. It can fire smaller dots and can fire a larger variety of sized dots which makes images looks a little smoother. Overall though you might not be able to tell the difference from 3 feet away.

You can turn of dithering in the RIP software for smoother solid colors. I have also heard that the latest version of Flexi has a special option to take out the random dots in solid colors.

TomK

You can turn of dithering in the RIP software for smoother solid colors. I have also heard that the latest version of Flexi has a special option to take out the random dots in solid colors.
Oh neat, any idea what this is called in Flexi or where it is?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just recently was informed about it from my Flexi sales rep. It should be in the latest version but I haven't had time to play around with it. I would call in to them and see if they can walk you through it.