• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prints lifting

zigns62

I'm using Arlon DPF4560,my customers are complaining the prints are lifting. Should I cut back on the amount of ink that I'm printing with. I always adjust one bar more in the color adjustment in VW. Should I not and leave it be?
Any help would be appreciated

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A few things come to mind........

• Are your prints laminated ??
  • Are your edge colors rather on the dark side ??
  • Are you installing these prints..... and not customer applied ??
  • Is the surface completely cleaned.
  • Do people have easy access to these prints, as in being helped along ??

Are you using the newer 4560 with the light grey adhesive and not the older 4560 with the dark grey adhesive? The older one had problems with the adhesive separating and staying on the vehicle while the print would curl. Is it a flat surface? Did the prints dry and outgas before laminating? Are you laminating? If so, what lam are you using 3420?

Tony McD

About a year ago, I stopped using Arlon and switched to 3M due to the adhesive separating problem.
Thought it was just me having the problem. Replaced several decals because of it.

MikePro

i LOVE Arlon! If I'm not mistaken, DPF 4560 is a 5year intermediate calendared vinyl. should be just fine for nearly any flat application.

Curling edges? its not the material, its you. ...or at least your selection of material for the application, or improper application, or oversaturating with ink, or not letting dry prior to lamination, or too much tension on your laminate roll during lamination. sorry to say.
3M will tell you the same when their material starts lifting, and most if not all cases... they're correct.

3M, Arlon, Oracal, Mactac, and Avery(...post-2005) these guys don't make cheap vinyl.
If Fellers trusts em', then you can too. ...for the right process/application.