• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prints scratching off

sid-fmx

Hi guys, for some reason my prints are scratching off very easly, I think the ink isnt curing for some reason. Printer used is the
SP300V, The settings I have for the print heater is 45 and the dryer is 50. vinyl is 3650 white gloss. The profile used is SG-G. What am I missing? Thank you for any help

Attachments

• DSC07456.jpg
    DSC07456.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 82

craigdavisdesign

3m 3650? If so why SGG (semi-gloss grey glue). Just trying to figure out what you are doing. If you are using 3m 3650 I would think would want a profile like CSFP if a 3m profile is not available. Contaminated film may also be an issue.

chopper

looks to me like it needs to be laminated,
you know this right? and if you are laminating and it is scratching off like that aint nothin' going to stop that....
but I think you do not have laminate on it....
//chopper

sid-fmx

I tried it before and had terrible banding with it. I will try it again but. Its not laminated, a laminator is next on my list to get.
Thanks

chopper

I tried it before and had terrible banding with it. I will try it again but. Its not laminated, a laminator is next on my list to get.
Thanks

if it isn't laminated that is your problem, this is what the laminate is for,
I don't think you have a problem with your print mode..
the ink will not hold up to that kind of abuse with out laminate,
end of story, you best get a laminator,
I don't care what you are printing on or with except a summa or edge
it will not hold up with out lam on it, and even the summa and edge should be lamed,
you have to have the right tools to do the job, shouldn't be printing with out laminating...

//chopper

sid-fmx

Ok, tried the GCVP and the profile off their website and still same.

Attachments

• DSC07457.jpg
    DSC07457.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 81

chopper

Hi guys, for some reason my prints are scratching off very easly, I think the ink isnt curing for some reason. Printer used is the
SP300V, The settings I have for the print heater is 45 and the dryer is 50. vinyl is 3650 white gloss. The profile used is SG-G. What am I missing? Thank you for any help
are those heat settings in degrees?
if so you are kinda low should be around 108-112 degrees on both heaters
this will help on the banding and adhesion also
//chopper

sid-fmx

Thanks for the advise, I will have to get a laminator in the near future but this didnt happen before. This problem is new, not sure what is going on

sid-fmx

Hi chopper, I did just do that now, but the blue one was from 3 days ago/ I will see what this will look like tomorrow. Just a little stressed out lol.

Im using the eco-sol max inks, heaters are reading a temp on the screen but back one doesnt feel as warm as it should. The front is much warmer. Is it possible the print heater is bad even if its reading the proper temp on the screen

chopper

Hi chopper, I did just do that now, but the blue one was from 3 days ago/ I will see what this will look like tomorrow. Just a little stressed out lol.

Im using the eco-sol max inks, heaters are reading a temp on the screen but back one doesnt feel as warm as it should. The front is much warmer. Is it possible the print heater is bad even if its reading the proper temp on the screen
I guess I do not know I never had a heater go out...
I think you should check them and see set the print heater all the way up and shut off the drying heater and see how warm it gets or if you can feel a temp change,
//chopper