• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

prints then stops

JDub

ok im going nuts here. we bought a falcon outdoor jr and flexisign pro 8.1 used. im trying to print my first wrap job with is over 84" long.
i bring my job in set it up what i want to rip and print via flexisign
box's pop up saying its ripping it. then the printer starts to print. then about 12" in the printer just stops printing. almost like its buffering. but i let it sit all night and it didnt print nothing.... but yet i have printed 2 other panels already that are the same thing.. im going nuts and wasting stock.
could it be the rip software ? i never really used flexisign before so its new to me.
:thankyou:

So you were able to print 2 panels but now the 3rd is giving you this problem?
This might sound dumb but try unplugging the printer for a few minutes, plug it back in and start it up. Also reboot the computer that is running Flexi.

JDub

i havent tryed to unplug it yet but i have rebooted and turned both off for about 1 hr and tryed it again and it does the same thing.prints then stops...

and yes i was able to print 2 panels lastnight just fine. then when i went to do the 3rd it started and then stoped.. tryed it again today and it did the same thing. but whats weard is the same image that i am trying to print when it stops if i bring it down to lets say 16"x16" it prints it just fine. thats why im lost.

JDub

well crap it started to print about 6"s and stoped again....any other ideas? i even took hafe of what i was print off to cut down on the memory but that didnt work...

thewvsignguy

If you have lots of past printed jobs in production manager you might want to delete a few to most of them. Depending on your computer speed and memory it could be a real bottle neck. Had the same problem a few years ago on flexi 8.1 and a color span 72UVR, once production manager was cleaned out everything printed fine again.

JDub

it deletes them when it gets done with the rip and print.
but i think i got this bad boy printing again....
8.1 sucks LOL i went to another sign shop and got a copy of 8.6 and loaded it up for testing yeah know lol. and BAM!!! it printed 2 panels so far. if it prints the rest of the job were upgrading to a newer version.... ill keep you all posted, thanks for the input and helpfull info..