• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prism Jet Xtra Levels

MITCHATEXOTIC

Does anyone know how to check and or monitor ink levels....read earlier thread about menu 17....my printer doesnt have menu 17

PMG

I have the Mutoh VJ 1204 and the way i do it is press menu/ then press setup> /then press the down key to #17 INK STATUS then press enter and it gives me the levels!!!!!

Flame

Would I be a pain in the butt to ask why do you care or why it even matters? When it runs out, it stops and asks for another catridge. You kindly give it another cartridge, and it goes back to printing...

:help:

PMG

Would I be a pain in the butt to ask why do you care or why it even matters? When it runs out, it stops and asks for another catridge. You kindly give it another cartridge, and it goes back to printing...

:help:
because you can check it before and after you do a print and see how much a print is laying down in terms of %s and then determine how much ink its going to take to do them 10,000 stickers in case you need to order more ink,LOL

MITCHATEXOTIC

Thanks

[quo:help:te=Flame Master;167368]Would I be a pain in the butt to ask why do you care or why it even matters? When it runs out, it stops and asks for another catridge. You kindly give it another cartridge, and it goes back to printing...

0N A LONG UNATTENDED RUN I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT IF IT STOPPED IT WOULD LEAVE A LINE IN MY PRINT..........fLAME YOUR VERY ACTIVE ON THIS BOARD IS YOU SHOP NOT THAT BUSY OR DO YOU JUST TYPE THAT FAST(JUST POKIN')...THANKS

[/quote]

Graphics2u

If it is a PrisJet Extra it is not the same as a Valuejet and won't have the menu your talking about. There is no way to check the ink levels on that printer other pulling out the cartridge and checking how much is in it by it's weight.

Flame Master is right just wait til the printer stops and change it quickly. If you are doing a long unattended run and your not sure if there is enough left to finish it just put in a new cartridge and then use th rest of the old one when you are right there to change it if it runs out.

Last edited: