• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prismatic dimensional letters using Enroute 3.0

Garfield_Graffix

Does anyone here understand how to properly use the pyramid option in enroute 3.0? I need to make a 16" tall prismatic letter but I am having a real doozie of an issue. In Enroute when you pick a pyramid toolpath it automatically determines the depth of the cut. Im using 1" PVC and the software wants to make the cut depth 1.97" and the plate is only .97" thick. I cant let it run this deep or it will hit the deck of the machine and tear stuff up! I have tried some "trick" toolplathing but I got nothing. I have enclosed a screen shot of this delima, any help is greatly appreciated.

Stewart

Attachments

• for signs 101.jpg
    for signs 101.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 237

Techman

can you set your tool hight to a negative or positive number?
I don't know enroute but it seems that changing the z value could do what you want..

TCC

Premium Subscriber
You need a larger tool try a 120 deg bit and see what the depth shows then. the angle of the tool sets the total depth needed to create the to the top prism letter. If you do not want have the letter come to a point at the top use a outline engrave tool and set the depth of cut to plate depth. Hope this helps. PM me if you need anything!